Implants can be used if one or many teeth are missing. Instead of bridges and partial dentures, implants can be used to restore your smile. Work does not need to be done to the nearby teeth in order to replace a missing tooth, and because implants cannot get cavities they are a great long-term option to replace a missing tooth.
WHAT ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Dental implants are permanent teeth that are used in place of partials, bridges or dentures. The process requires a titanium implant to be attached to the bone, and then a prosthetic tooth is attached to the implant. Most prefer this instead of a bridge because other teeth are not damaged in the process. This process does require three to five visits within 4 to 12 months to be completed.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF GETTING A DENTAL IMPLANT?
- They look, function and feel like natural teeth
- It does not damage neighboring teeth
- Jaw structure is preserved
- Other teeth are not needed for support
- Speech and eating abilities are improved
- Boosts confidence with such a natural look
- Loose dentures and bridge maintenance is not an issue
Dental implants have great benefits and advantages over other options, but it is not for everyone. To learn more about dental implants, visit our Implant Learning Center, or call to make an appointment with our office. Together, we will discuss what is best for your situation and lifestyle needs.