Dental crowns (also called dental caps) often correct your natural teeth when they have been damaged by decay, infection, or injury. This treatment is often used when damaged teeth need more help than a filling can provide. Dr. Trunkey uses crowns regularly to help shape and strengthen compromised teeth. Crowns provide treatment that will last for many years, and can save the natural tooth.
What are the benefits of dental crowns?
There are a number of benefits in the use of a dental crown. These include:
- The healing of cracked or stained teeth
- The recuperation of chewing and biting abilities
- A foundation for dental bridges
- The restoration of a beautiful smile
- The return of confidence in your daily interaction with others
Dr. Trunkey can place a crown in our office is just two visits. During the first visit, the dentist will rid the tooth of any decay and prepare the surface of the tooth for the crown. On the second visit, the permanent crown will be put in place.
If you have teeth that are missing, they need to be replaced as quickly as possible in order to keep your remaining natural teeth from shifting out of their proper place. This can be done with a dental bridge. Dental bridges are quickly prepared for you in our office, so that you can replace the missing teeth before anyone notices that you are missing a tooth.
What is a dental bridge?
A dental bridge is a permanent replacement for missing teeth and is designed to look just like your remaining natural teeth. It is different from partial dentures, in that partial dentures can be removed for cleaning. Dental bridges are perfect for replacing lost teeth because it will look and feel natural. It will also restore the functions that you need from your natural teeth.
How will having a dental bridge help me?
A dental bridge can help you in the following ways:
- They will not slip in your mouth or rub against your gums because they are permanently placed.
- They require no care beyond the brushing and flossing that you do for your natural teeth.
- They provide a permanent solution for the teeth that you are missing.
To learn more about dental crowns and bridges and how they can restore your beautiful smile, call our office and setup an appointment.